Are you in search of a dating app? This post might help you with that. So, if you are in search of the best dating app in India we cut out the crap of installing apps and try them personally.
Especially in the age of social media, dating apps seem to be outdated but they are not. They are still one of the best platforms to interact with favorable gender, based on various matching parameters designed by the app developers.
In this post, we put together a list of the 11 best dating app in India, both free and subscription-based, so you can choose which one suits your dating life’s needs.
Please don’t wanna thinks that this app list can be a diamond-in-the-rough kind. As you might be familiar with most of these dating apps.
But for sure, we made easy for you to choose among the hundreds of dating apps available in the market.
Why one should have a dating app?
Firstly before going further let’s discussed, why you should use a dating app on your mobile phone. This is because of the following reasons.
- More options with less pressure.
- You can choose your partner based on compatibility and personality.
- Free to choose your partner without any fear of caste, class, and behavior
- Easy to communicate and a transparence
- Improve your confidence and can put your shyness in your pocket. As it provides a perfect solution for shyness from the opposite sex.
- You can save time as most of the work is done by the app itself. You don’t have to waste your time to find the partners who have the same interest.
That enough with the advantages of using dating apps for Indian. So, without further delay, here are the best dating apps currently available.
11 Best Dating app in India
What are the best dating apps for you? In this section of the post, we are going to show you the 11 best dating apps for Android and iPhone in India.
- Truly Madly
- Coffee meets bagel
Let’s start the dating journey with Tinder, the most popular dating app in the dating industry with about 26 million matches per day.
And due to this tremendous amount of matches, this can be considered as the best dating app in India.
You can engage with others picture profile through a swipe window for a specified geographical region. Here, you either can swipe left to pass or right to show your interest.
And when the other person also likes your profile then it can be considered as a match. After that, you can chat with that person.
- Quick and user-friendly Menu.
- Anonymous. You’re anonymous to everyone till you get the match.
- One can’t search anyone by name except they matched before.
- The target audience is about 18-24 years old.
- You get to know people who actually interested in dating.
- Quick registration and signing process.
- Avoid creepy messages
- Good tech support.
- Heft amount of subscription fee.
- Unfair pricing: if you are less than 30 years then it would be $10 otherwise they will charge $20 per month.
- Limited number swipes
- Limited Profile Information is available.
- Can I search for a specific person on Tinder?
Only if you’re matched with that person.
- Can I undo a swipe?
If you are a user of a free version then definitely not. This privilege is only for premium subscribers i.e. Tinder Plus.
- Can I delete a single message just like WhatsApp?
Sorry! till now you can’t.
- What if I accidentally unmatched someone on Tinder?
You lose that person permanently on tinder as it is a permanent process that can’t be undone.
So have you try Happn before! Comment your experience if any.
For you, Happn could be the best package with a small data size than tinder.
This works the same as the tinder but two more distinctive features make it second in the list of best dating app in India.
First, it is a cross path based dating application. And second is, you have an additional option to neither like nor reject people.
This means that you can check the profiles and do nothing, just swipe to another one without any action. You can understand this feature as the post on Fb that you scrolling on a daily basis.
So have you check your crush! on happn. Do it now, maybe by doing this, you get your soulmate.
- Active Status similar to WhatsApp’s “online” status
- Happn maps
- Inbuilt Crush-Time Game
- Active location-based matching
- The option of neither like nor to reject just like Fb post scrolling.
- Find people who liked you (premium)
- Fb messenger like chatting window
- if you are new to town, a good platform for making friends in your spaces around
- A realistic and interesting experience, as you meet those who cross on the street.
- You probably matched with people who have the same office route, walk, etc. Hence, a long-time friendship can be formulated.
- Only show from the same general location.
- Not work potentially in small towns than larger ones.
- The predictable route and timing of the user might cause incident stalking.
- Privacy issues with active GPS routes.
- Premium charges are high.
- Who can see my profile?
Users that you’ve crossed paths with the same preferences.
- What is happn Map?
Happn Map is your timeline in the form of a map. It can save all the main locations where you have crossed paths with other users in the last 7 days.
- What is a Crush?
You have a Crush only when both users like each other with both tapped red heart buttons.
This is the app to whom you get two qualities in one i.e. dating app with a social discovery app.
Badoo is different from other dating apps by its functionality. Badoo doesn’t have swipe functioning of acceptance and rejection.
Therefore it has slightly new features
called ranking which allows you to meet new friends or romantic partners.
So here, you have two options, click the heart if you like the person or vote the “X icon” to leave the profile.
In Badoo, you can receive notification in both modes i.e. online or offline. These all features make us, to put it down number 3 in our list of best dating app in India.
- Provides social network: You can easily engage with other people by commenting, tagging, easily share and engaging with the community.
- Invisible Mode.
- It is a higher rated app on google play that shows you the quality and user satisfaction.
- Ad-free app.
- Video Chat available.
● More language supported
● Very engaging and higher rating on play store.
● You can access it on your ios device, android, and desktop browsers.
● Has a poke feature
● Integrates with social networks
● Shows shared Facebook interests/pages
● Have the option to set your status without changing on facebook which may be a fake approach for dating.
is Invisible mode?
It is a premium feature that lets you browse the app without disclosing your identity to anyone.
I change the location of mine in the Badoo app?
Yes, you can. If you set your GPS off then you have to put the details manually.
If you are swiping daily on other dating apps and not getting a date yet. Then bumble dating apps might debut your dating life. As it has the same number of gender populations. Therefore, the possibility of getting a match is very high.
That being said, In Indian culture generally, the male partner used to make the first move in the dating process. But in the bumble dating app, females have to first start the conversation and within 24 hrs another person has to reply to continue the conversation further.
- Women’s domination, in terms of control and work.
- About an equal percentage of both genders. So, the more likely a male gets a date.
- Promote itself as an app for relationships not dating.
- Only females have to message first in order to start the conversation. Males are not allowed to start any conversation as they only reply at first.
- Unlimited swiping
- Bubble Boost
- Totally free for unlimited swiping
- Affordable premium subscriptions
- More Swiping = More time waste. Not good for productivity.
- Female is often a little bit shy to start a conversation,
- Can I get an expired match
If you don’t respond within 24 hrs then don’t worry you get another chance to get a match, if she again messages you, which seems very unrealistic.
Get frustrated! with tinder and fake profiles or short time relationships and want a stable long-lasting relationship, try TrulyMadly, an app you should switch to.
TrulyMadly is not that popular that why 5th in the list of best dating app in India. But a very genuine app that removes all the conflicts of fake profile using its trust score system.
Trust Score system is based on your personal verification with platform Facebook, Linkedin, phone number, photo id, and employment details. The more your trust score is higher the possibility of getting a match.
- A good alternative for a serious long term relationship.
- Suggested matches based on similar preferences such as age, height, country, annual income, and eating habits.
- Multiple verification IDs required.
- You can’t interact with people without complete verification.
- Users can’t download photos and take screenshots.
- No fake profiles and incorrect profile details.
- Safest dating and matching app
- Good for a serious and long-lasting relationship
- Advance privacy protection
- Not time efficient while filling details
- Not for Good for casual relationships.
- A limited number of profiles probably 10 suggestions per day.
are the verification details required for the trust score system?
TrulyMadly requires the following details for verification: Facebook’s name, gender, age, relationship status, and profile photo. Linkedin for designation and company name, photo id, Phone Number and Employment Salary slip, or company documents.
are the documents required for photo IDs?
Major government IDs such as Passport, Voter ID card, Aadhar card, driving license, and PAN card.
Jaumo, the best-rated dating app but still not that fashionable in India.
Jaumo is the same as tinder but still serves some differences.
Jaumo has a key advantage over other best dating app in India as this provides you the ability to message anyone. In addition, a very detailed descriptive personal information helps to know the person well.
You have to put details as you are putting for a marriage proposal on websites like on saddi.com. You have to add details like your height, education, whether you’re a smoker or not, and what is the objective of using the Jaumo app.
- Meet other members via suggested matching or zapping
- More descriptive details
- Super like more profiles
- Liked List is for free
- See a list of people who already swiped right on your profile
- Live Video feature is available
- A Free version serves more feature other dating apps in India
- Has a large user base
- The live video feature can help you to express yourself.
- Super like features often results in a date.
- Too many creepy messages
- Annoying adds
- Fake profiles can be made easily
- What is termed Zapping in Jaumo?
When you swipe left or right that feature here called zapping.
- What is a Super like thing in the Jaumo app?
It is a way of showing others that you are really interested in them.
Chinese products are defamed as a cheap quality but this seems to be invalid for this Chinese dating app which in the year 2018, the Tantan app laughed in India.
And according to the Time of India, it is performing better than other best dating apps in India. This seems all possible due to clean, minimalistic design and good social promotions.
You can also play quizzes using an inbuilt getting-to-know-you game that helps both of them to know their matches better based on their preferred answers.
- Almost features can be used for free with limited volume, and
- Upgrades are really affordable.
- It has more free “swipes” than other dating apps.
- Getting-to-know-you quiz games.
- Affordable pricing ($1.99/mo).
- The design is clear and appropriate.
- Searching through filters
- 120 “swipes” every 24 hours
- You can change the location (premium)
- Having too much fake account
- Not reliable privacy protection (as phone contacts)
- How the searches appeared?
Based on your preferred nearby distance. As you can also adjust this distance in the search setting tab.
Hinge, another dating platform in this list of best dating app in India. Hinge is just like other dating apps that use a swipe mechanism.
With additional algorithm-based
The first few swipes are based on Hinge’s algorithms but as you continue to swipe you get to see more general one.
The algorithm used in Hinge is based on your answers at the time of sign up. In addition, Hinge built to match like-minded people who are seeking serious dates and relationships.
Therefore if you want a serious relationship then you must try the Hinge dating app.
- The design and theme is a vibrant color palette of purple, pink, orange, yellow, peach, lavender, light grey, black and white
- Mostly preferable for members who are looking for a serious relationship.
- Contacting features are free to use
- A communication system allows singles to make decisions based on their profile rather than appearance only.
- Hidden chat feature.
- Free, nice layout and easy to start conversations window
- There can Be too many profiles so more the matching possibilities.
- If You’re Not a Natural Communicator on message than it will hard.
- A high subscription fee (about $12.99/mo)
- Poor functionality
- Some users report app crashes in slow internet services.
- Can I undo my accidentally skip?
Yes, but only the recent one
- Can I search for a specific person on Hinge?
No, this option is not available on Hinge app
- Can I delete a message?
No, you can’t delete a specific message but the full conversation.
- Can I temporarily pause my Hinge account?
No, you can’t. Yet you potentially slow your swiping actions on the Hinge app.
Woo is different from all the above dating app in the sense that it considered women’s privacy too much seriously that make a normal user frustrated.
Woo app assists a lot of security and privacy options for their users which seems genuine and trustworthy.
In addition, if you are using the Woo dating app for the first time, then it’s No FULL NAME culture that might make you as male, harder to remember females profile which seems headache for our modern lifestyle.
It has a super like feature just like the Jaumo app, called “crush” where you can show another person that you really like them.
- High level of privacy protection for females.
- Displaying only the first name of male users and initials of females.
- Only females can ring the bell, males have no privileged to call.
- Information (name, location, phone number) is not seen by anyone who wants to remains their information confidential.
- Option for all users to hide their work info
- You can’t take a screenshot (Android only).
- All information remains private even if there is an exchange of messages an calls.
- Females have only privileged to take action in case of calling based on their convenience.
- Advance Privacy Protection
- No affordable and better alternatives are available at the price
- Fake details were often seen.
- Users can also hide other major details like job descriptions.
- How can I search for a specific profile on Woo?
No, you can’t. Yet you can search a specific type of profile based on your interests.
Now we are at the 10th dating app in our best dating app list in India. It can be considered as a classic dating app. The reason why we called it classic because it’s matching suggestion is different from most of the other dating apps and a better place to find an actual relationship.
OkCupid suggests matches based on “Matching using Question” The percentage is then calculated based on the responses of the asked questions.
Apart from this, the user interface may make your fingers to get tired while filling the personal details but it will pay you in finding the best partner based on your preferences and personal details.
- Suggested matches based on compatibility score
- Shows reply rate
- You have an additional feature called to post a tag line or status for your profile.
- Newsfeed section and Double Take
- See Who You Like
- Good for searching a longer-term relationship like TrulyMadly
- No swipe and tingling of profile and save time.
- Find a person not only based on attractiveness but also on their profile details.
- Not Tablet Optimised
- Limited Privacy options
- No notification for “Message Seen”
- No notifications for a mutual match you have to app open manually.
1. What is Double Take?
It is OkCupid’s matching feature which defines possible matches in a roulette-style.
2. Is OkCupid membership auto-renewed?
Yes, it is auto-renewed.
11. Coffee Meet Bagel (CMB)
So we are on last at the list of our best dating app in India. CMB is not that popular in India. Yet the quality and user experience are very classy that delivers creamy user experience which often results in a meaningful relationship.
CMB is an entirely different platform than other dating apps but not much crowded by Indian profiles. And just like Woo, it is designed for women in mind.
It is based on a 21 quality match algorithm called “Bagels”. In case you receive a message from a male and, as a female, you have 24 hours either to like or pass on the Bagels. Once both liked one another you can start chatting.
This app uses familiar profiles from your Fb information to curate a matching pool of friends-of-your-friends and give you the opportunity to create more meaningful relationships.
- A limited number of profiles users so more the quality.
- No need for GPS to meet people.
- Behavioral matching.
- Chat room and integrates with social networks
- Shows mutual friends as Bagels
- Has a “connect in real-time” option
- Offers unique ice-breaker information for matches
- It has a poke feature.
- No sketchy message.
- All user familiar
- Majority of female users- a good sign for lonely males.
- Not a hook-up type app
- Mutual friends vetting
- May awkward in the future among common friends.
- Few opportunities to find a match
- No desktop version.
- Not enough Indian profile on the app.
- Can I undo a pass on Coffee Meets Bagel?
No, this feature is not available right now.
- Does Coffee Meets Bagel show up on Facebook?
No, it can’t, as it uses the Facebook account to login but CMB not post anything on your timeline.
Common Cons of Dating App
We listed the best dating app in India but what might be the price! These are the Common Cons of using a dating app:
- A crowded digital platform.
- Most works without any prior physical interaction.
- Lots of fake profiles and identity theft.
- Hard to estimate the real reason for the conversation or doing for fun only.
- Cybercrime, dishonesty, identify theft and safety issues opened countless threats to a user.
Hey! Did you like our post on the best dating app in India?
One point should be considered here which I forgot to tell you earlier is that you should have at least 18 years old to use these apps.
In addition, a dating app is fantastic and a great platform to make new friends. Yet as a coin has two phases so as dating app has some pros and cons too which I already stated.
We feel appreciated when you people comment. Please comment on your valuable experience of using these apps. We love every effort you do in comments.